Friday, March 19, 2010

Baby steps - Friday, March 19, 2010

Parker is making small improvements. We spoke with both the cardiologist and neonatologist today.They seem to be leaning towards some type of asphyxiation during delivery- however they are running more tests and continue to monitor his progress for 'clues' of what happened.

After the v-tach yesterday, Parker had a small seizure. He has been placed on anti-seizure medication to lessen the likelihood of another one. He is still on the ventilator- mostly to give his body a rest from such a life threatening birthday. The MRI has been postponed until next week- hopefully Tuesday or Wednesday.

We want to thank everyone who has touched Parker's life- especially the staff of UVA and Lewis Gale Medical Center. All our doctors and nurses at Lewis Gale have been so gracious and supportive. Jeff and I truly thank you. We've also had such strong support from family and friends. We appreciate all your kind words, love and prayers. We ask that you continue to keep Parker in your thoughts and prayers. With your help, we know that we are watching a miracle in progress.

5 comments:

  1. Jeff and Jenn,

    Parker is definitely in our prayers. If there is anything we can do to help, please let us know. We would be happy to help with Spencer and/or Brooklyn. I hope it helps both of you to know that I have seen Spencer for the past 3 days, and he has had the biggest smile on his face each day! Spencer is definitely enjoying his time with his grandparents. Thanks for keeping us posted when I know you have much more greater things going on. We are all saying prayers for Parker and for your family as well.
    In God's care,
    Cherie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jeff,
    Obviously transport critical decision making has stayed with you for the past 8 years. Strong work. I know the emotional toll is draining as Sara spent her first 3 days in NICU, albeit really not critical. I don't know if what we know makes it better or worse! Good luck to you and prayers sent.
    Jessica McMullan

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jeff and Jen,

    Just wanted to say that both of you and of course Parker are in our prayers daily. I can't imagine what all you guys are going through, but I know God hears our prayers and will be with you in your time of need. "I love the Lord because He hears my voice and prayer for mercy. I will pray as long as I have breath." Psalm 116:1-2

    Josh and Erin Crane

    ReplyDelete
  4. You do not know me. I am a friend of Wendy. I just wanted to let you know I m praying for Parker and I have puthim on my prayer chain and will put him on my church's prayer list tomorrow. I pray for wisdom and guideance forth doctors as they attempt to make an accurate diagnosis and treat Parker. I pray for strength and peace that passes all understanding that only God can to you in a situation such as this. God will be taking care of yor little one.

    Leisa LeFew

    ReplyDelete
  5. I helped take care of Parker when he was born and I want to let you know that your family is constantly on my mind. I am praying for Parker and for your entire family during this difficult time. Thank you for sharing updates via this site.

    ReplyDelete