Thursday, March 25, 2010

By the Grace of God - Thursday, March 25, 2010

We just got back from our nightly visit with Parker. It is truly by the grace of God that we are able to say that. This time last week we didn't even know if he would survive. I don't think Jeff and I have fully processed what we've been through- it's like we've been on auto-pilot. But the one thing I do know is I will never look at life the same.

-Anytime I see a medic helicopter, I will say a prayer for their passenger. I now know what it feels like to be the mother of someone in that helicopter.
-When someone cuts me off in traffic, I will try to be more forgiving. I will remember Jeff trying to quickly get to Parker at UVA.
-When I work with doctors and nurses, I will be thankful for all their knowledge and skill. They work so hard and know so much- and saved my son's life.
-I won't use words like horrific or devastating. I now truly know the meaning of these words.
-I will pray daily for parents of infants in the NICU. I will remember the pain of spending the day at the hospital just wishing I could take Parker home.
-When someone is in pain, I will say a kind word. I now know what it is like to be lifted up by words of encouragement.
-I will praise God that I have been given a second chance to have Parker in my life. I will remember how precious life is- and I will never take my family for granted again.

Please know that Jeff and I cannot express our gratitude enough for the love and support you've shown. We'd also like to thank all the doctors, nurses and staff at UVA Children's Hospital. They gave our son the best medical care possible- and showed us compassion and support through every heart wrenching day. We honestly cannot thank them enough.

Thank you again for every prayer for Parker. He was in my arms tonight because of your prayers...and most importantly, by the Grace of God


Jeff taught Spencer how to use the water fountain today!

3 comments:

  1. im so glad everything is looking up for parker! love the pics! hope you will be back in roanoke soon, and home soon after that!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great news, sounds like all is going much better!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just want you both to know the smiles in these pictures say it all. I am so happy of Parker's strides. He is truly a blessing to you both. I know you both are so happy and overjoyed. I know Jeff and I have seen the effeciency of transport by airplane, helicopter and their crews. Its a blessing to have people that can care for these people in need. I believe that the best medicine and the best treatment of all is the power of prayer, faith and hope. You all have a great weekend and so happy for you both.

    ReplyDelete