Monday, March 22, 2010

Open Arms - Monday, March 22, 2010

Our prayers, along with your help, are being answered. Parker continues to do well. The dopamine (blood pressure medicine) has fully been discontinued- and this evening they discontinued the Milronone (medicine for his heart). His heart function continues to do well and he's been awake a few times today. I had the privilege of holding him tonight. This is the first time I've held him since right after birth (which was only for a second). He nuzzled into my chest and seemed so comfortable. I look forward to tomorrow just so I can hold him again.

We ask for your prayers for Parker's MRI on Wednesday. We need prayers for a clear MRI and continued improvement. We hope to have some type of result by Thursday evening (at the latest). We are amazed at how many people are praying for Parker. The Lord hears all of us- and I know He will answer those prayers.

On a lighter note- Jeff and I were recognized today at the hospital by a complete stranger who had seen our blog. Turns out she is a nursing student at UVA who is a friend of a friend of Jeff's in Rhode Island! It's such a small world- or maybe a very big one where Parker's becoming quite famous! Jeff and I know that God is truly at work when we are recognized by someone who had only seen pictures of us! :) Thank you to Brittany for your kind words and offers of support. You really made our day!

Happy 22 months Spencer! We love and miss you!
Mommy & Daddy

9 comments:

  1. What a beautiful and touching picture as you hold your sweet Parker!!! Spencer is a doll. My neighbor and Skip walk together in the summer, and they took Spencer in the stroller a couple of times this past summer when your Mom and Dad were keeping him. George was telling me how good and sweet Spencer is!!! God will continue to heal little Parker. I am praying for an excellent MRI on Wednesday.

    Carolyn Stewart

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's the first thing I do in the morning...check for an update on Parker. What a precious child that has touched the heart of so many. He has taught us to be a little more of the humans we should be. Less consumed with our trivial troubles , for there is always someone who needs our strength . My strength to you Parker...my love and admiration to your wonderful family. It will be okay. Love, Rhonda Shoemaker

    ReplyDelete
  3. i love reading the updates, the improvements, the daily progress...and im praying for tommorrows mri results. hang in there!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello Jennifer and Jeff,
    I am a friend of Beverly and Wendy. I just love seeing that picture of you holding Parker this morning. He is beautiful!! I want you all to know that you're in our prayers here in Princeton. We have put baby Parker on many church prayer lists and we will be praying hard for Wednesday's MRI! Love and prayers to your whole family,
    Valerie Hendricks

    ReplyDelete
  5. Jennifer and Jeff,
    I, too, am a friend of your mom's and a Rotarian buddy. Bluefield Rotarians will be adding their prayers today for a good result on Wed. Spencer is going to be a heartthrob, and will be getting Parker in all kinds of trouble. You are in our constant thoughts and prayers.
    Carol McClaugherty

    ReplyDelete
  6. We continue to pray for your whole family here in Roanoke! Stay strong and know that Parker is in great hands at UVA and by God. We miss you here and look forward to getting all these new babies together in Roanoke when you are home!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hello Jennifer and Jeff,

    Oh, my heart aches for you all. Precious baby Parker is definitely in my prayers. May the Lord sustain your family through this time. I am trying to memorize Psalm 121: 1-8 for a bible study right now. You might find comfort in it as well. I look forward to rejoicing with you when Parker is free to come home and be with his BIG brother Spencer. My how he's grown! Erin Cox

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hello Jennifer, Jeff and boys.
    Jennifer I have not met personally but I know you have to be a great person because your husband is an old dear friend. I was sent a link regarding the status of Parker. I have put you all on my prayer list at church. Jeff was always a good friend when I lived in Charlotte and I also knew he would be a great father. I was born with a heart defect, had heart surgery, critical condition multiple times. Parental hope, parental prayers and the overabundance of love by parents I believe pulled me through difficult times along with multitudes of prayer. My thoughts and prayers go out to you both because there is nothing better than looking into a childs eyes especially your own and nobody can take that feeling away. I pray for Jeff and you both because Parker and Spencer both know the love you both have for them is unconditional. I just wanted to offer up as much hope and faith to you as I can. I hope all keeps moving forward for Parker and for you all. God Bless all of you.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lea Delida RacicotMarch 23, 2010 at 7:45 PM

    I've known Wendy since elementary school. Thinking of you and your family. As a former NICU nurse, it sounds like he is makiing great progress. Will be thinking positive thoughts about the upcoming MRI.

    ReplyDelete