Sunday, March 28, 2010

Our Lil' Sleepyhead - Sunday, March 28, 2010

We're sorry we haven't updated the blog in a few days. We got our hopes up that we would be able to take Parker back to Roanoke on Friday. So we checked out of our apartment and waited at the hospital. Our insurance approved the hospitalization at Roanoke Memorial- but didn't approve the transport. So in Charlottesville we stayed. We've been in a hotel since then- hoping each day that we'll be discharged. Parker continues to do well- but he hasn't met his requirement for daily feeds. He's currently on a medication that makes him sleep almost 24 hours a day- therefore unable to eat. The doctors finally decided to lower his dose of medication by 20%. Hopefully this will help Parker awake more for feedings. Today was the first day of a lower dose and I got him to take three feedings by bottle (I can't nurse him because he gets too comfortable and falls asleep!). So once his feeding improves, and the NG tube is removed, then we will be discharged....and not to Roanoke- but to go HOME!

We will keep you posted on our status. Hopefully we'll be home by the end of this week- I'm actually hoping to be discharged on Wednesday. Right now it depends on Mr. Parker. When he decides to take full feeds by bottle, then we're out of here!!! :)

During rounds yesterday we spoke with a doctor who hadn't been working when Parker was admitted. She said that she had heard about the case and, "...if I'm not working and I later hear about a case, then it's bad! For a baby to be on milronone, dopamine, dobutamine, fentaynal, TPN, lipids, etc. last week- and to be this healthy today is quite remarkable." Thanks again for your prayers, love and support. With your help the Lord gave us a miracle- and we couldn't be more grateful!

4 comments:

  1. Jenny hes so precious! He looks so content.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Jeff and Jennifer, You do not know me but I attend church with Debbie and Keith. Deb and I have been prayer warriors together for many people. I am so glad that Parker seems to be improving. Sounds like he will be home soon. I will keep all of you in my prayers that he will be home and completely well very soon. God bless each of you. I know he is keeping you in his loveing arms.

    ReplyDelete
  3. glad to read the update, keeping my fingers crossed for wednesday or at least friday...wishing nothing but the best for you all.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am so excited that you guys may be home soon. I know what you have been going through is beyond stressful. Sophie enjoyed seeing Brooklyn today, and Spencer watched from the front porch as Sophie caught frisbees for him. We look forward to seeing you all together as a family again. Our prayers are with all of you.
    Blessings,
    Cherie

    ReplyDelete