Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Take Me Home, Country Roads - Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Two weeks ago tomorrow the Lord blessed us with the arrival of Parker Liam Britton. Within the two weeks since then, we've truly had our faith tested. There was a point where we almost lost Parker- on more than one occasion. The Lord gave us a MIRACLE in Parker- and for that, we will forever praise HIM.

Parker did great last night! He took full feeds all night- and did super again today! So two weeks after his birthday, we are finally going home! We hope to be discharged after rounds in the morning- hopefully by noon. We are so excited! I cannot wait for tomorrow to get here! We are so ready to take him home- introduce him to Spencer and Brooklyn- and then LOVE him forever. We have been SO blessed! I cried on the way back to the hotel tonight- I finally feel the 'release' of everything we've been through. The ups and downs of the last two weeks- and especially the 'unknown' has been so difficult. I told Jeff that two weeks ago tonight, we had no idea that our lives would change so drastically, so fast. Before then I took so much for granted- my family, friends, health, another day, etc. I don't want to ever do that again. I will always remember how quickly it can be taken away.

I would like to ask you to pray for other children in the NICU. Jeff and I met so many families of premature, or sick, babies. Some families have been there since December. A mom I met today said they plan for her daughter to be there until June. It is heart wrenching to have to leave your child in a hospital bed every night, knowing YOU should be the one to wake up in the middle of the night for your baby- not someone else. Jeff and I were only here for two weeks. I can't imagine staying for months. So please pray for these children and parents.

Again we thank you for your prayers! 'Prayers for Parker' started as a small blog to keep our family and a few friends updated. But it turned into a huge chain of prayers, love, support, and encouragement that helped us survive such a difficult time. Thank you...thank you...thank you!!!

So 'take me home, country roads, to the place I belong, 'west' Virginia, mountain momma, take me home, country roads.' :) 

PS- GO WVU in the Final Four!!! :)  Parker will certainly have on his blue and gold!

3 comments:

  1. LOL...you live in virginia now! but i know what you mean! i bet you cant wait to get home! congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know where we live! :) I used a lower case 'w' for west- since we do live in the western part of Virginia. The song was too perfect not to quote. :)

    Hopefully we'll see you soon! Can't wait!

    ReplyDelete
  3. We are friends of Wendy and have been following your precious little one on this blog. So glad you have made it home with Parker. God is good and must have something special in mind for him.

    Rosemary & Randle Grant

    ReplyDelete